Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Linked by Casseroles

So, I'm tooling around other blogs yesterday and Nake-id Knits mentioned that a friend was going to have surgery. Leslie was looking for casserole recipes. Fan of 50s cooking that I am (water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, anyone?), after a few suggestions sent her off to the Cambpell's Soup web site for more uses of condensed soup than a sane person should know.

Side benefit of this bit of cooking trivia -- I've been linked! In a matter of two days, I've gotten a comment and a link. Whoa.

Thanks, Leslie. Feel free to come back any time.

On the knitting front, I've cast on the remaining Broad Street Mitten which will be a Christmas gift for someone in my office. I can mention that since she doesn't know I blog. The photos from my iphone don't do this yarn justice, but here is one completed mitten. This was my first attempt on something with fingers and I'm pleased. (It's not blocked -- be kind when you comment.)


Now an idea. My girls go to an aftercare program at their school. The aftercare ladies (who are wonderful) are outside with them on nice days, but that's still cold at this time of the year. Would knitting up quick Caliometry head warmers be a good idea?

I have a ton of really great hand spun Shetland wool from Maine (gift from my SIL last Xmas), that would be really warm. Any other ideas for something quick that can be knit four or five times between now and December 21? Thanks.

BTW - if you comment and leave an email address, or your Ravelry ID, I'll write back and "friend" you on Ravelry.

No comments: