Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another Half of Sandwich

I've mentioned before that I'm part of the sandwich generation.  We'll here are a couple of updates from the deli counter of my life.
  1. Dear husband calls MIL on Thursday evening to see how she is.  She announces, "I'm in a nursing home now."  Well, yes, Mom, we helped move you into the assisted living home.  You did?  P.S.  Friday morning she fell, hit her head and spent a few days in the hospital and is now in rehab.  
  2. Mom comes to visit for dear daughter's birthday.  See above post.  On the way home, she rolls into someone at a red light.  When the light changes, she pull over on the other side of the intersection.  The other car is still near where she hit it.  Mom drives away.  Her reason:  "The other driver didn't get out of the car and wave to me, so I assumed everything was fine."  
Is there a service I can register with which will take my car and license away from me when I'm 80 to avoid the burden on my girls to have to deal with it?  

On a better note, Daughter 1 wanted a hooded cardigan.  She choose Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed Chunky in a pretty purple.  Front, back and sleeves are done.  Now I must join the blasted thing before I can pick up for the hood and do the button bands.  I hate joining things, but it must be done.  Will post a photo when sleeves are on.

To all my Jewish friends -- may you and yours be inscribed in the book of life for another year -- much health and happiness.

No comments: