Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Crazies

OK.  It's that time of year.  You know the time, when you don't have a moment to breathe.  Yet, this year, that seems OK.  I've kind of been dreading this Christmas, what with my dad dying this year.  

So, here we are, off to the races.  Thursday, the giving tree gifts are due at school.  Got the shopping done, now have to wrap.  (That means finding Christmas wrapping paper at home.)  Saturday - husband's holiday party for his company -- two hour drive each way.  Fun.  Still need to find something to wear.  Sunday, pick up Christmas Tree. (Need to find boxes with lights and decorations).  

Before next Wednesday, need to get older daughter black pants and shirt for holiday concert.  Need to go to holiday recital for both girls for piano.  Need to figure out what I'm cooking for Christmas dinner.  Need to do Christmas cards.  Need to buy gifts.

The busyness of it all would normally make me crazy, but this year not so much.  I miss my dad so much.  He loved this time of year and it will be very hard not to have him with us -- singing loudly and off key at Christmas eve services.  But being busy keeps me from crying.  

Well, no time to blog-- must do something Christmas related!

No comments: