Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Had A Dream


Queen of Beads
Originally uploaded by knithound
For the first time since my father died last year, I dreamt of him last night. He was sitting in his favorite recliner and we were talking. He had on a golf shirt with a breast pocket for his glass case. He had his glasses on and there was a martini (half gin, half vermouth) on the side table next to him. I remember hearing the sound of his voice and his lively, bright smile, but I do not remember what he was saying to me. I remember feeling very good about the conversation and very happy when it ended.

I don't know why he came to me last night. I wish I could figure it out. I gave blood on Saturday. His birthday (which is also the shop's birthday) was on Sunday. One of my students was recently diagnosed with cancer and I'm making her a wrap. Maybe each of those has a part of it.

But I do know that it has been one year and two months and I still cry when I think about him. I miss him terribly.

However, today, my new kit from Blue Moon Fiber Arts arrived -- the March Socks that Rock kit. Maybe opening some new sock yarn will make me feel better. I'm not sure.

Here's a quick pic of the January sock - Queen of Beads. I'm very pleased that I finished them before the next sock arrived.

No comments: