Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Mitten Monster

If you look back a few posts, you will see a mediocre picture of the Broad Street Mittens I am knitting for my law clerk for a holiday gift (now overdue). There is proof, via my IPhone that the first mitten was completed and does exist. I CAN'T FIND IT NOW.

The second one is mostly complete and I cannot find the first one. I have tried every active knitting project bag. When I was a kid, my mother would say: "Put it someplace safe, so you don't loose it." Well, wherever I put this mitten, it is very safe -- I cannot find it. The good news is I have enough yarn to knit another one, but that's not the point. The other one was COMPLETE. DONE. FINISHED. ENDS WOVEN IN.

It's gone.

In other news, Christmas with the family was wonderful. We are blessed to have a wonderful family we are related to by blood and a second family we have made of dear friends who truly make us remember how loved we are.

I'm going back to tearing apart the house now to find the mitten.

Happy Boxing Day!

1 comment:

KnitaSaur said...

Good luck finding that mitten! I once lost a mitten WIP and that was sooo annoying! Needles and all . . .