Thursday, June 5, 2008

Off to Columbus

When I was practicing law, I tried cases in some odd places.  Hattiesburg, Miss.  Des Moines, IA. Fort Wayne, IN. Abingdon, Va. just to name a few.  Generally, I would not get excited for traveling to these spots.  Excitement was reserved for places like Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and Miami.  Well, my days of trying cases on the road are over.  I have a trip in the works and I'm excited.  

I'm going to Columbus, Ohio!  Yep.  Columbus.  Why?  TNNA,  the National Needle Arts Associations big show where all the fall yarns will be out, other shop owners will be there and a chance to take classes on running your shop and sharpening your knitting technique.  I have signed up for three classes and have completed my homework for each.  

Hotel -- check.
Plane ticket -- check.
Extra bag to bring home yarn samples and goodies -- check.

The family thinks I'm nuts, but I can't wait to get on that plane tonight.  A full day of toe-up socks is a dream come true for me (maybe I'll finally find a toe-up toe who's look I like!)

Off to the big city!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't think your crazy. We know it

Love Dave