Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gratitude

Sometimes we forget to be grateful for the small things.  Mom came up to visit.  She stopped at the shop and then drove to the house with the help of her GPS.  It is 6 miles.  It took 2 hours because she wouldn't listen to the GPS lady.  She got there.  

When I got home from the shop on Thursday evening, Mom and the girls were in the dining room playing Junior Trivial Pursuit and having a blast. Then I took a closer look.  The girls had on their play makeup and everyone had painted fingernails.  I am grateful that my mom, despite being directionally challenged, loves to play with her granddaughters and is building memories for them.  

I am grateful for all those who have served our country:  my husband, father, father-in-law, step father-in-law and nephew specifically.  

I am grateful for local stores where they know your name and what you like.

I am grateful for the friends and family I have.

I am aware that I am often not grateful enough.

I am grateful that I finally finished the first repeat on the Ethereal Grace stole for my niece for her wedding.  

Have you taken a minute to be grateful for something or, more importantly, someone, today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for a lovely post. I too had a visit with my mother this week. I had approached it with a 'duty visit' attitude, but we had lunch and got talking about when she was going to college during the second world war, waiting for my father to come home. She lived with her future mother-in-law and she found it hard at times.

It was so nice to share some of our learning experiences. We ended up having a great time.